MORENO FUENTES TURNED WINNER AT SPECIAL EVENT IN CANNES MAY 2023// WON ANNUAL PIGEON d´OR FOR BEST DIRECTOR AT LUIS BUNUEL MEMORIAL AWARDS

Moreno Fuentes and "AMANDA" turned WINNER at Special Event in Cannes by Eight and a Half International Film Festival, 20 May 2023.  // "AMANDA" Ganadora en el Evento Especial en Cannes del Eight and a Half International Film Festival 9th Edition, 20 de Mayo 2023.

Hectic, Frantic as never ever this past January/February 2023!! Busy, no time for updates... Got Four Awards almost in a row and a New Nomination!! They sent me a Trophy that is an Angel, a lucky Angel!! Amanda's IMDB, needs still some updates, but has grown a bit.

First of all, Winning The Annual Honorary Pigeon d'Or as Best Director at Luis Bunuel Memorial Awards was for me astonishing, shocking!! (needed to take my own time to process). Humbly, I sat down, and asked myself: Do I deserve winning and Award wich bears the Most Important even (Mythic) name of a Spaniard Director on it?: (Luis Bunuel, who has worked in 3 countries: Spain, Mexico and France, won an Oscar and a Cannes Palme d'Or... directing Fernando Rey and Catherine Deneuve): I found no answer: I had none. Sometimes I re-think over that Capote's quote: "-When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended for self-flagelation solely."

"Amanda" has been kindly understood in the UK for its "quite serious and severe" sense of humour: She could be half a day a brexiter and the rest a remainer, or even both at the same time, with a double scotch in her hand: She is wild, surreal, unexpected, hooks the audience, turns upside down the story escaping from being typecasted. Well: An unknown Professional Jury has decided awarding to me... over thirty-six (monthly) other winners. First of all, I wish to share my Award with all of them, my fellow filmmakers!!

By the way... just to calm me down or going into total shock... (Lol) ... They have sent a Couple of Certificates... The next step will be even more challenging: An International US, The Uk and Spain coproduction, with my own Arthouse European Seal but much more commercial : Between my stay in Festivals (mainly in London where I have attended three -and soon the fourth-)... not even been on purpose, it has come out from me naturally writing and imagining a story entirely in English: Mistery, action, dark comedy, psychopaths, death corpses, sex, alcohol, secret gatherings, partygate scandals, actors and stars turning (even more) mad themselves in the midst of the pandemic... I mean... not just One Amanda: Ten alike! (straight, bi, fluid, asexual, divorced!...)
A bit earlier I Got an Award as Double Finalist ( March 2023) at London International Monthly Film Festival (for Best Director, and for Best Experimiental Film). 
The Jury has written to me, explaining that fact was quite unusual, announcing that they have unanimously decided to send to me a Special Trophy and programming also a Screening on June!! Quite sure (I wish!) this wouldn't happen to me in Spain. That's why I appreciate so much that sensitivity, politeness and courtesy in the UK in all fields related with culture and art!! 

It's an Angel!!!
Just afterwards my wonderfully Brit extravagant Double Finalist (love The UK!), I got news of another award-win in Rome, Italy!! An Annual Special Event in a Festival where (in January 2022) I've won before too: "The Eight and a Half Internatonal Film Festival" ("Otto e Mezzo"): 

A Festival that pays special Tribute to genius Federico Fellini. Finally (almost in a row again), the italian Festival had decided as well a double Award on a 2nd Special Event. I´ll start soon casting in London cause I´ll need to loose a bit of weight!! I do love swimming and London the most: There, I just feed myself with "meal deal" sandwiches and protein drinks!: Protein shakes and sandwiches are more expensive and smaller in the Iberian Peninsula!!